Quotes by Madonna Ciccone
- Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, masturbate, don't judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family.
- Catholicism is not a soothing religion. It's a painful religion. We're all gluttons for punishment.
- I get strength from my art - all the paintings I own are powerful.
- I have my work and my faith... If that's boring to some people, I can't tell you how much I don't care.
- I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.
- I think in the end, when you're famous, people like to narrow you down to a few personality traits. I think I've just become this ambitious, say-whatever's-on-her-mind, intimidating person. And that's part of my personality, but it's certainly not anywhere near the whole thing.
- In this business, my business, I get to meet all kinds of incredible people, fascinating people, glamorous people and sexy people and highly intellectual people. And you meet them and you go 'interesting, interesting, interesting'. They're interesting, but not very many people stop you in your tracks.
- On the one hand, the idea of marriage and the sort of traditional family life repulses me. But on the other hand, I long for it, you know what I mean? I'm constantly in conflict with things. And it is because of my past and my upbringing and the journey that I've been on.
- Part of the reason I sort of shot out like a cannon out of Michigan and left home at such an early age is because I had to feel independent.
- Sometimes you want to go for a walk and you don't want to be watched. You just want to be anonymous and blend in. Especially when I travel, I feel that way, because I can't really go out and see a city the way other people can and I miss out on a lot.
- Things were a lot simpler in Detroit. I didn't care about anything but boyfriends.