Quotes by Manolo Blahnik
- About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs.
- I hate these platforms that are all over the place today they are all about grabbing attention. They are suburban! I never do a platform. Well, I did, in the 1970s, but that was a bad experience.
- I hate to travel with stuff.
- I just don't get death at all. Yes, it's there. But I don't get it.
- I never wanted to be the most famous, the most beautiful, the most extravagant.
- If I was a woman, I would be dressed in the same thing for a month and just change my hat and gloves. Maybe my shoes too yes, I see what you mean but, really, it's jewels that change an outfit.
- Some people just use beautiful things to just shop or to have a tribal feeling - 'Oh, blah, blah, blah, I'm wearing Hermes blah, blah, blah, I'm wearing Saint Laurent blah-blah blah' - because it's like a need, a tribe, recognition: 'Ahh, my Rolex.' But I run away from anything which is too recognizable - it's my nature.
- You put high heels on and you change.