Quotes by Maxwell Maltz
- For imagination sets the goal picture which our automatic mechanism works on. We act, or fail to act, not because of will, as is so commonly believed, but because of imagination.
- If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.
- Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.
- Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act.
- Remember you will not always win. Some days, the most resourceful individual will taste defeat. But there is, in this case, always tomorrow - after you have done your best to achieve success today.
- The 'self-image' is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior.
- To change a habit, make a conscious decision, then act out the new behavior.
- We are built to conquer environment, solve problems, achieve goals, and we find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve.
- We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act. Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness.