Quotes by Molly Ivins
- And the funny thing is, I've always been an optimist - it's practically a congenital disorder with me.
- As they say around the Texas Legislature, if you can't drink their whiskey, screw their women, take their money, and vote against 'em anyway, you don't belong in office.
- Good thing we've still got politics in Texas - finest form of free entertainment ever invented.
- Havin' fun while freedom fightin' must be one of those lunatic Texas traits we get from the water - which is known to have lithium in it - because it goes all the way back to Sam Houston, surely the most lovable, the most human, and the funniest of all the great men this country has ever produced.
- I believe that ignorance is the root of all evil. And that no one knows the truth.
- I never saw anything funnier than Texas politics.
- I've always found it easier to be funny than to be serious.
- It is possible to read the history of this country as one long struggle to extend the liberties established in our Constitution to everyone in America.
- Many a time freedom has been rolled back - and always for the same sorry reason: fear.
- Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention.
- So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce.
- The thing is this: You got to have fun while you're fightin' for freedom, 'cause you don't always win.
- You can't ignore politics, no matter how much you'd like to.