Quotes by Muqtada Al Sadr
- Anyone who seeks to be involved in politics should join hands with America.
- Enough of this occupation, terror and abuse. We are not in need of your help. We are able to combat and defeat terrorism, and achieve unity. We are not in need of your bases, your experience and etc.
- For us, holding on to religious rules, and following them, and refraining from what's forbidden, and being diligent with our duties, what do we call that? That's what we call freedom.
- I am a part of the political process whether the multinational forces are present or not. Politics is serving the people, not chairs and positions.
- I don't want the chair of the government because it will be controlled by the U.S. and I don't want to be controlled by the U.S.
- I fear only God, all praises to Him.
- I wish to be a martyr, and I don't fear death.
- If it does not serve the Iraqi people, there are only political means that must be followed to reform the government - a new government that we must give a chance to prove that it is there to serve the people.
- If the government fails to listen to your demands, then you will decide what is best for you.
- No one has the right to ignite a war and lead an occupation and armies to conquer people, invading them and make them suffer all kinds of torture, murder, expulsion, displacement, bombing and terrorism by different lethal prohibited weapons and then come and speak as the savior of the people or a defender of their rights.
- Obama has no power to change American policy because there are people who specialize in drawing these policies, which have been and still are hostile towards Islam.
- Open the way before the new government to prove that it is for serving the people.
- The U.S. will ignore the opinion of the Iraqi people and it will compose the new government according to its own desires.
- When I die, don't let my death stop the resistance.