Quotes by Neil Young
- All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the '70s sounds nothing like the stuff from the '80s, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the '90s. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?
- Back then people closed their eyes and listened to music. Today there's a lot of images that go with the music. A lot of music is crap and it's all commercial and the images are all trying to sell the record.
- Commitments are one of the worst things to have in the music business. They're very annoying.
- I don't like to be labeled, to be anything. I've made the mistake before myself of labeling my music, but it's counter-productive.
- I don't like war. I particularly don't like the celebration of war, which I think the administration is a little bit guilty of.
- I have so many opinions about everything it just comes out during my music. It's a battle for me. I try not to be preachy. That's a real danger.
- I just do what I do. I like to make music.
- I think I'm going to be making country records for as long as I can see into the future. It's much more down-home and real.
- I'm not into organized religion. I'm into believing in a higher source of creation, realizing we're all just part of nature.
- It's cool to go places where working people are happy.
- Live music is better.
- My music isn't anything but me. It has jazz in it, and rock'n'roll, and it has an urgency to it.
- One new feature or fresh take can change everything.
- The '60s was one of the first times the power of music was used by a generation to bind them together.
- The thing about my music is, there really is no point.