Quotes by Peace Pilgrim
- Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you, and in this materialistic age a great many of us are possessed by our possessions.
- Before the tongue can speak, it must have lost the power to wound.
- I don't eat junk foods and I don't think junk thoughts.
- If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.
- Make food a very incidental part of your life by filling your life so full of meaningful things that you'll hardly have time to think about food.
- No one can find inner peace except by working, not in a self- centered way, but for the whole human family.
- One little person, giving all of her time to peace, makes news. Many people, giving some of their time, can make history.
- The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one's life.
- The valid research for the future is on the inner side, on the spiritual side.
- The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.
- There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace?
- This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.
- To attain inner peace you must actually give your life, not just your possessions. When you at last give your life - bringing into alignment your beliefs and the way you live then, and only then, can you begin to find inner peace.
- Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens. If you have them, you have to take care of them! There is great freedom in simplicity of living. It is those who have enough but not too much who are the happiest.
- When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.
- Worry is a useless mulling over of things we cannot change.