Quotes by Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
- In the final analysis, the questions of why bad things happen to good people transmutes itself into some very different questions, no longer asking why something happened, but asking how we will respond, what we intend to do now that it happened.
- It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.
- Love alone is capable of uniting living beings in such a way as to complete and fulfill them, for it alone takes them and joins them by what is deepest in themselves.
- Our duty, as men and women, is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist. We are collaborators in creation.
- Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.
- The world is round so that friendship may encircle it.
- We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
- You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.