Quotes by Ray Comfort
- Christians must share their faith in obedience to the Great Commission, because we are only seeing the fruit of sin this side of death.
- Every song has a composer, every book has an author, every car has a maker, every painting has a painter, and every building has a builder. So it isn't irrational to take this simple logic a little further and say that nature must have had a Maker. It would be irrational to believe that it made itself.
- Evolution is the fundamental idea in all of life science - in all of biology.
- Evolution is unobservable. It's based on blind faith in a few dry bones and on unreliable dating systems in which the gullible trust. Kids should be allowed to make up their own minds about this issue, and not be censored to 'one side is all we will let you hear.'
- Faith is the first step to understanding. Either it's the Word of an infallible God, the fallible words of men, or faith in what you personally believe. You've got to have faith in something. Believe me.
- Few would argue that Richard Dawkins is the world's most famous atheist, especially now that his friend and rival for the title, Christopher Hitchens, has now gone to meet his Maker.
- If I want to understand the laws of physics I have to first believe what I read about physics. I have to have faith in what I read.
- In the past, missionaries have traveled to far countries with the message of the gospel - with great hardship and often with the loss of life. In contrast, we can reach millions instantly from the comfort of our homes by merely hitting the 'send' button on our computers, or with iPads, or phones.
- It is true that you can't prove a negative. However, the existence of God is provable in the same way a building is positive proof that there was a builder.
- It takes both courage and talent to stand up in front of fellow human beings and make them crack a smile, and at the same time keep it clean.
- Most atheists bristle at the thought that atheism has anything to do with faith, but not Penn Jillette.
- One of Dawkins' major gripes is against religion. I am in total agreement on that one. I abhor religion.
- Science is a wonderful discipline, to which we are deeply indebted.
- The 'science' for which the United States is respected has nothing to do with the unscientific and baseless theory of evolution.
- This society in which we live is radically changing. What previous generations saw as evil is now embraced as being good. It is a dangerous and slippery slope upon which we stand when we reject what Solomon called the beginning of wisdom - the fear of God.
- When men don't fear God, they give themselves to evil.