Quotes by Reed Hastings
- About half my work in education is U.S. political reform around school districts and charter schools, and creating more room for entrepreneurial organizations to develop. And about half on technology, which I look at as a global platform.
- If the Starbucks secret is a smile when you get your latte... ours is that the Web site adapts to the individual's taste.
- In fact, technology has been the story of human progress from as long back as we know. In 100 years people will look back on now and say, 'That was the Internet Age.' And computers will be seen as a mere ingredient to the Internet Age.
- In hindsight, I slid into arrogance based upon past success.
- Our brand at Netflix is really focused on movies and TV shows.
- School districts in the US don't adopt technology very quickly.
- Stone Age. Bronze Age. Iron Age. We define entire epics of humanity by the technology they use.
- We have a very wide range of content, but the brand-newest movies, what's happening with those is a $30 pay-per-view option - not from Netflix but from DirecTV and others - of movies that are in the theater.
- What's got me excited about the education space is the growth of the Internet over the next 10, 20, 30 years.
- When we think about online learning, it's such 'early days.' Bill Gates is a wildly smart insightful guy. Yet, even a guy as smart and insightful as that, 30 years ago can say things like,'Who's every going to need more than 640K of memory?'