Quotes by Richard Pryor
- A sold-out house my first night back. Do you have any idea what kinda pressure that is? I could have been at home in my warm bed, playing Nintendo.
- Even when I was a little kid, I always said I would be in the movies one day, and damned if I didn't make it.
- I believe in the institution of marriage, and I intend to keep trying till I get it right.
- I just don't want to die alone, that's all. That's not too much to ask for, is it It would be nice to have someone care about me, for who I am, not about my wallet.
- I realized this is what God has dealt me, and I should be thankful considering all that's happened to me in my life, but MS caused the movies to stop - stop dead - and I miss it.
- I think about being married again, having a home and a wife. No one can ever be married too many times, and maybe if I keep trying I'll get it right one day.
- I think about dying. I've come to realize we all die alone in one way or another.
- I was kicked out of school because of my attitude. I was not assimilating. So I went to work, taking any jobs I could get.
- I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!
- Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings... and lawyers.
- Movies are movies, and I don't think any of them are going to hurt the moral fiber of America and all that nonsense.
- Sure, I have friends, plenty of friends, and they all come around wantin' to borrow money. I've always been generous with my friends and family, with money, but selfish with the important stuff like love.
- There was a time in my life when I thought I had everything - millions of dollars, mansions, cars, nice clothes, beautiful women, and every other materialistic thing you can imagine. Now I struggle for peace.
- When you ain't got no money, you gotta get an attitude.