Quotes by Roger Ascham
- By experience we find out a short way by a long wandering.
- In mine opinion, love is fitter than fear, gentleness better than beating, to bring up a child rightly in learning.
- It is costly wisdom that is bought by experience.
- Learning teacheth more in one year than experience in twenty.
- Let the master praise him, and say, 'Here ye do well.' For, I assure you, there is no such whetstone to sharpen a good wit, and encourage a will to learning, as is praise.
- There is no such whetstone, to sharpen a good wit and encourage a will to learning, as is praise.
- Young children were sooner allured by love, than driven by beating, to attain good learning.