Quotes by Rupert Murdoch
- Advances in the technology of telecommunications have proved an unambiguous threat to totalitarian regimes everywhere.
- Everybody at home speaks mandarin except me.
- I felt that it's best just to be as transparent as possible.
- I'm a strange mixture of my mother's curiosity my father, who grew up the son of the manse in a Presbyterian family, who had a tremendous sense of duty and responsibility and my mother's father, who was always in trouble with gambling debts.
- I'm considered homophobic and crazy about these things and old fashioned. But I think that the family - father, mother, children - is fundamental to our civilisation.
- I'm not a knee-jerk conservative. I passionately believe in free markets and less government, but not to the point of being a libertarian.
- In motivating people, you've got to engage their minds and their hearts. I motivate people, I hope, by example - and perhaps by excitement, by having productive ideas to make others feel involved.
- It's a libel to say that I use my newspapers to support my other business interests. The fact is, I haven't got any other business interests.
- Money is not the motivating force. It's nice to have money, but I don't live high. What I enjoy is running the business.
- No one's going to be able to operate without a grounding in the basic sciences. Language would be helpful, although English is becoming increasingly international. And travel. You have to have a global attitude.
- One thing I resent is the slur that I just support political candidates because of the business.
- So long as I can stay mentally alert - inquiring, curious - I want to keep going. I love my wife and my children, but I don't want to sit around at home with them. We go on safaris and things like that. I can do that for a couple of weeks a year. I'm just not ready to stop, to die.
- The buck stops with the guy who signs the checks.
- The UK desperately needs less government and freer markets.
- The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow.
- We've got to lift our game tremendously. We'll sell our business news and information in print, we'll sell it to anyone who's got a cable system, and we'll sell it on the Web.
- When you're a catalyst for change, you make enemies - and I'm proud of the ones I've got.