Quotes by Ryan White
- AIDS can destroy a family if you let it, but luckily for my sister and me, Mom taught us to keep going. Don't give up, be proud of who you are, and never feel sorry for yourself.
- Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me.
- Christmas makes me happy no matter what time of year it comes around.
- Financial hardships were rough on us, even though Mom had a good job at G.M.
- I remember my mom dressed like Janis Joplin.
- I think some people record songs and make records a certain way to cater to radio. If you're born to make commercial music that's cool. But if you're born to not make commercial records, maybe you're meant to cater to another market.
- I was labeled a troublemaker, my mom an unfit mother, and I was not welcome anywhere.
- Listening to medical facts was not enough. People wanted one hundred percent guarantees.
- One time when somebody showed up in a wedding dress, but I never knew if it was a joke, or she was serious. She asked me to marry her. She was serious. It was pretty funny.
- We had great faith that with patience, understanding, and education, that my family and I could be helpful in changing their minds and attitudes around.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.