Quotes by Sylvester Stallone
- A lot of guys have muscles. A lot of strong men in this world. I think it's important to show that even under all this strength there's a fragile side, a side that can be affected.
- I am a sensitive writer, actor and director. Talking business disgusts me. If you want to talk business, call my disgusting personal manager.
- I believe there's an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.
- I could start a war in 30 seconds. But some countries spend 100 years trying to find peace. Just like good manners, peace has to be learned.
- I have a lack of fear, whereas in the past the fear of failure was a powerful motivator. Anyway, I have great expectations for the future, but I just don't know if I'm the monarch of all I survey.
- I have great expectations for the future, because the past was highly overrated.
- I made some truly awful movies. 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot' was the worst. If you ever want someone to confess to murder just make him or her sit through that film. They will confess to anything after 15 minutes.
- I respect a woman too much to marry her.
- I tend to think of action movies as exuberant morality plays in which good triumphs over evil.
- I think that's become passe, but if you can surround yourself with a kind of monument to yourself and your family - a statement - and you can afford it, then that's a noble project.
- I was very much into buying contemporary art, but I've just decided I want to get rid of it all. Not that it's not great art, but all of a sudden my mood has changed, and I want to go back to seventeenth- and eighteenth-century masters.
- It would be great to be able to pass on to someone all of the successes, the failures, and the knowledge that one has had. To help someone, avoid all the fire, pain and anxiety would be wonderful.
- Like I said, I've got too much respect for women to marry them, but that doesn't mean you can't support them emotionally and financially.
- Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.
- Suddenly I've got an overwhelming desire to surround myself with the aura of classical and Romantic art.
- When I was in junior high school, the teachers voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair.