Quotes by Thomas Moore
- A friendship that like love is warm A love like friendship, steady.
- And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers is always the first to be touch'd by the thorns.
- Bastard Freedom waves Her fustian flag in mockery over slaves.
- Came but for friendship, and took away love.
- Education is not the piling on of learning, information, data, facts, skills, or abilities - that's training or instruction - but is rather making visible what is hidden as a seed.
- Plants that wake when others sleep. Timid jasmine buds that keep their fragrance to themselves all day, but when the sunlight dies away let the delicious secret out to every breeze that roams about.
- Romantic love is an illusion. Most of us discover this truth at the end of a love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down their flames.
- Study until twenty-five, investigation until forty, profession until sixty, at which age I would have him retired on a double allowance.
- True change takes place in the imagination.
- Wisdom and deep intelligence require an honest appreciation of mystery.