Quotes by Uma Thurman
- Desperation is the perfume of the young actor. It's so satisfying to have gotten rid of it. If you keep smelling it, it can drive you crazy. In this business a lot of people go nuts, go eccentric, even end up dead from it. Not my plan.
- I don't feel famous.
- I spent the first fourteen years of my life convinced that my looks were hideous. Adolescence is painful for everyone, I know, but mine was plain weird.
- I was not particularly bright, I wasn't very athletic, I was a little too tall, odd, funny looking, I was just really weird as a kid.
- I'd like to classify my life as a romantic comedy. Unfortunately I feel it's probably more like a TV reality show.
- I'm an actress and mom, and I probably don't have enough of an active spiritual life. And I don't know why people run around calling themselves by the names of religions when they don't actually practise them.
- I've learned that every working mom is a superwoman.
- It is better to have a relationship with someone who cheats on you than with someone who does not flush the toilet.
- So, you know, parenting is a very intimate and amazing experience and one of the best experiences of my life.
- When asked if I consider myself Buddhist, the answer is, Not really. But it's more my religion than any other because I was brought up with it in an intellectual and spiritual environment. I don't practice or preach it, however.