06:02 15 March 2010
This recipe is a great way to give your kids their essential nutrients as well as cleverly disguising one portion of their 5-A-DAY.
50 minutes to prepare and cook. Serves 4.
See “Switch 2” for more recipes devised with James Martin
|200g potatoes, chopped, boiled & drained (or ready made mash)
200g can tuna, drained
200g can prawns, drained
300g can green beans, drained and chopped into pea-sized pieces
200g petit pois, drained
knob of butter
splash of milk
2 medium sized eggs, hard-boiled & chopped (optional)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Fresh ground pepper
|For the coating:
2 medium size eggs, beaten
150g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
For the accompaniment:
1. Preheat the grill to a moderate heat.
2. Mash the potatoes with the butter and milk, add the chopped green beans and petit pois, mix well and season with black pepper.
3. Add the fish, hard-boiled eggs and the parsley & mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 or 8 fun fish shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet & chill for at least 10 minutes until firm.
5. Dip each fish shape into the beaten egg and coat with the breadcrumbs, chill for up to 1 hour, to firm.
6. Grill for 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown & heated through.
How to serve:
Serve with alphabetti pasta shapes.
You can find sustainable fish and seafood at the supermarket.
Saturated fat: 2g
This recipe and image is copyrighted to Canned Food UK.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook