Housewife on fire
09:30 14 June 2005
'Desperate Housewives' star Nicollette Sheridan narrowly escaped serious burn injuries after her hair caught fire in a candle shop.
The blonde beauty, who plays man-eater Edie Britt in the hit US show, was shopping in the Californian store when the freak accident occurred.
After leaning over to smell a scented candle, Sheridan's hair touched the naked flame and instantly caught fire.
Luckily, the 41-year-old star was saved by a quick-acting shop assistant who poured a vase of cold water over her head before the flames spread.
Sheridan is quoted by Britain's Daily Star as saying: "My hair must have brushed on the wick of an aromatic candle as I bent over to smell it.
"Suddenly, there was an awful smell of burning and I realised it was me on fire. I could hear my hair crackling and if that assistant hadn't acted as fast as she did, I could easily be in a burns unit right now."
The sexy actress, who lost a large chunk of her luscious locks in the blaze, has praised the employee who saved her from serious injury, saying: "That girl is my heroine, she saved me from real agony."
(c) BANG Media International