16:55 07 June 2010
If like most you find it hard to pluck up the courage to ask someone out - worried they'll only shoot you down in flames, as you feel they're totally above your level - you could learn a few things from new comedy 'She's Out of My League'.
Taking some heard earned lessons from the film, The Dating Guru - James Preece - provides some top tips for how, in real life, you should go about dating someone who is "out of your league"!
1) Don't swoon too soon. Pretend that you've not noticed how wonderful they are to start with. They'll work harder if they don't think you are impressed! 'High league' people want you to appreciate their less obvious qualities too.
2) High League people rarely get chatted up as everyone else is scared to approach them. Go up and say hello. They'll admire you for your courage and positive attitude.
3) Always be the best "you" possible. If you make sure you always wear your best clothes and look well groomed you'll instantly become more confident and up your social standing. Confidence is sexy and stands out a mile!
4) Forget about leagues - there's no reason why a 10 can't date a five if they are both getting something out of the relationship. Just like in the film, it's not all about looks. Everyone has different things to offer. Perhaps you can make people laugh, play the guitar or bake a fantastic cake. Work out what you have going for you and make the most of it!
5) The most important part of going for the people you want is refusing to go for the people that you don't! So, from now on, you only approach the ones you are attracted to. It really is this simple - If you want to play in the major leagues, you've got to stop wasting time with the minors!
Looking for love?
Why not try our
online dating service?
For more top tips and helpful hint from the experts, why not visit James Preece's dating website www.onlinedatingclinic.com?
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook