Look beyond the basics for your banking needs
Banks may offer different services and products so be sure yours has everything you need.
07:51 05 September 2013
The world of banking has many different products and services that it offers to its customers, as well as a variety of ways to do personal banking. There are still times, at the moment, when customers may need to enter a branch bank, but those scenarios are decreasing. Here are a few things you may not typically think of as banking, but might be able to accomplish either at a branch or via online and mobile banking.
- Transferring funds from one account to another may be possible if you have your accounts at the same banking institution. It may also be possible to transfer funds to another banking entity but there is usually a different process and a cost involved.
- Deposits might be done at your branch bank, through an ATM, or even by taking a picture of the front and back of a check with a mobile phone in some cases. There are also direct deposits which are typically the most popular.
- In addition to your everyday banking needs, you might also be able to talk to a financial advisor about cd’s, bonds, and accounts that will earn you significant interest rates such as Independent Savings Accounts. If you have children or grandchildren, you can even sign up for accounts to start them off with a bright financial future.
- Some of your banking needs might be mortgage loans, vehicle loans, refinance loans, or even personal loans. You can ask your bank if you receive any discount on interest rates if you have more than one loan with the same banking entity.
- When you are looking for the right bank, make sure it can handle all the things you plan to accomplish financially. Developing a relationship with the right banking entity for you can make life easier in the long run.