13:06 07 March 2013
Monster Beverage has responded to a lawsuit accusing the company of being responsible for the death of the 14-year-old girl from Maryland.
The family of Anais Fournier claims in their lawsuit that the girl went into cardiac arrest after drinking two, 24 ounce of Monster Energy drinks in a 24 hour period.
Currently, there are four other similar lawsuits linked to Monster Beverage that the Food and Drug administrations are investigating.
Monster’s lawyer, Daniel Callahan, said that a team of doctors had reviewed the medical records and results suggest that the girl died of natural causes related to a heart condition.
In addition, the doctors found no medical evidence showing that caffeine toxicity had been a factor.
However, a spokesman for Maryland’s chief medical examiner has confirmed the cause of death. The autopsy report reads: “Cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity complicating mitral valve regurgitation in the setting of Ehler’s-Danlos syndrome.”
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook