13:30 01 September 2005
Mariah Carey had to be saved by fire fighters when a blaze broke out in her Los Angeles mansion.
The pop diva was taking a nap before jetting off to the MTV Video Music Awards in Miami when flames swept through her Bel Air home.
Firemen who rushed to the scene reportedly had to wake the sleeping star.
A source revealed: "The fire fighters had to wake Mariah from a deep sleep to get her out of the burning room.
"Fortunately the fire was quickly extinguished before it could spread to other rooms and do serious damage."
It is thought the fire could have been started by an electrical fault, according to a report in Britain's The Sun newspaper.
A spokesman for the beautiful singer is quoted on Monsters and Critics.com as saying: "There was a small fire in the Los Angeles home that Mariah is currently renting. Mariah was never in harms way. Nobody was hurt."
(c) BANG Media International