Review of timetalk ISP:
If you have simple needs when it comes to internet connection, you only have to pay £2.79 per month which is the basic internet plan from TimeTalk. For such a low price, you will be able to do your usual online activities like emailing or browsing. The plan comes with 24 Mbps speed, generous 2GB download limit and free weekend UK calls to numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03. Amazingly, this comes with a free wireless n router (ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+) worth R.R.P £69.99 too.
All TimeTalk broadband deals come with a brand new ADSL2+ wireless router (Kasda 5815H + Broadcom Chipset), this router supports the latest wireless protocols (802.11 b/g/n) and has built in 4 Ethernet / LAN ports (10/100Mbps) with an external 1T1R 3dBi Antenna up to 150Mbps. These routers also come fully optimised with the TimeTalk network and are pre-configured with your personal TimeTalk internet settings, so all you do is plug in and play, ideal for customers with no technical knowledge.
The Free TimeTalk wireless router (Kasda 5815H) is also specially optimised for streaming, downloading and online gaming. The router has all known gaming ports for the Top 50 online games forwarded as to allow superfast connections with zero pings, low latency and no internet dropouts. The TimeTalk router also have parental controls that allows you to block any adult themed websites or even limit the amount of time your children spend on the internet during schooldays. You can activate these settings yourself or you can contact TimeTalk and they will make the changes remotely from their head office in the UK without you doing anything technical.
The TimeTalk router also comes with an USB port that is version USB2.0 for superfast data transfer, this USB port can be used as a portal storage device by plugging in a memory stick (16GB limit). You can then put music, films, and pictures on the memory stick and all networked PC's, Notebooks, Smartphones in the house can share the files and also stream movies and TV shows onto their wireless device.
At the moment TimeTalk have a special offer, for just 99p a month you can upgrade this router to an smart router called Kasda 5835HG (300N, USB2.0, Shared Printer Port, R.R.P £109.99) this is the ultimate in router technology offering increased WiFi speeds and data transfer. It comes with two detachable external 3dbi antennas (2Tx2r) which means you can watch and stream movies anywhere in your house including your garden. It also has a printer sharing facility where you can print documents from any networked device to just one printer in the house, thus saving on hardware, ink and paper. It also now supports HD IPTV compatibility so you can now stream HD quality TV shows and movies directly to your PC, notebook, smartphone or Internet TV.
Another service that is unique to TimeTalk is for people who are living in flats or old houses with thick walls that have poor wifi range and speed. TimeTalk can provide a piece of hardware called an internet booster for only £5.99 per month (this also includes a wireless n router worth £49.99). The internet booster takes advantage of your home's existing electrical wires to simultaneously transfer data while transferring power. This means you have the power line solution for quickly and easily networking PCs and other network-compatible devices, such as a gaming console (Xbox360, PS3, and Wii) or set-top box (Virgin, TiVo, Freeview). With home-plug AV technology, users can get speed of 200Mbps on a line length of 300 metres, ideal for enjoying HD video streaming, online gaming or any other bandwidth intensive tasks for work or play.
If you are feeling unsure about using the internet due to the number of virus, phishing and email attacks then TimeTalk provide a unique service that for just £2.79 a month you can get the excellent and well known Norman Anti-Virus and Internet Security package. TimeTalk offers an easy to use solution for the protection against any kinds of viruses, worms, Trojans and hackers. Its comprehensive software with unlimited updates ensures that your computer, where all your personal and professional information is stored, is safe and secure.
TimeTalk are also willing to pay for any re-connection or contract fees if you are unhappy with your current broadband provider, these includes UK ISP's such as TalkTalk, Plusnet, Sky, Be Broadband, O2 and BT broadband. So if you want to switch ISP provider due to any speed or poor internet issues then TimeTalk are willing to make this move seamless and with no extra cost, in fact you can even benefit from their cheaper broadband prices.
For faster internet speed, TimeTalk also offers pocket friendly unlimited plan which only costs £9.99 per month. For this price, you can already enjoy 24Mbps speed and unlimited download limit with unlimited free UK calls.
The cost of broadband packages and broadband deals from TimeTalk is just a fraction of the costs from other competitors. Despite the affordable price, you would not worry about constant connection interruptions and speed that encounters down time as TimeTalk uses the core BT network.
What made Talk Time even better than others is the fact that they can give you an option to bundle your internet connection with phone services. The Talk Time Weekend only costs £2.79 per month. If you would like to experience Talk Time Unlimited, this is only £9.99 per month and line rental can be from just £9.99 per month.
Even the customer support of Talk Time deserves commendation. Your queries and concerns will be dealt with by professionally trained support group who have over 10 year's experience of supporting ISPs that is based right in the United Kingdom.
Benefits of TimeTalk Broadband:
- Currently the UK's cheapest broadband deal at £2.79 per month (September 2012)
- Very good deal on BT Line Rental at only £9.99 per month (pay 12 months upfront)
- Well packaged broadband deals, easy to understand and well laid out.
- Up to 24Mb fast internet connection that is reliable and fast as it uses the new BT network.
- All TimeTalk packages come with a free wireless n router that is fully optimised to make the internet run at its fastest and also comes with great features like parental controls and a USB (USB 2.0) port.
- The optional choice to upgrade your free router to a smart router (300n) for only 99p a month. This router has an USB port, printer sharing, 300MB and 100% faster wifi.
- Good Supa-Fast Fibre Broadband Offer (£17.99 per month / Free UK Calls / Free 300n Router and 3 months Free)
- Great extra services like Internet Boosters, Anti-Virus products and cheap printer ink refills.
- UK based customer support that is quick in attending to customer concerns.
Disadvantages of TimeTalk Broadband:
- Super fast internet connection (24 Mbps+) is unavailable in some areas.
- Still an unknown ISP in the UK, but have a great backbone internet (BT main network) and the potential to be a big player in the broadband market.
Recommendations for TimeTalk Broadband:
- A better support section needs to be added that covers all customer issues and technical issues. Also, better FAQ's and maybe a TimeTalk broadband forum would be helpful with customers wanting quick information. Also, a network status page is needed if any maintenance is carried out.
- A good comparison table against other ISP broadband providers such as TalkTalk, Plusnet, Sky, Be Broadband, O2 and BT broadband as TimeTalk beats most of these providers with cheaper costs and better services and features.