Tips To Crack The Best Deal For Resorts And Hotels
You can travel and still save money if you stay savvy.
17:09 14 March 2013
Travelling can cost a great deal, especially when it entails flights, cruises, hotels, vehicle rentals, and eating out.
You don’t have to give up on your holiday plans, but shifting them a little may help you get the holiday you deserve without the stress from too many expenses.
Here are a few things you can do to save on resorts and hotels:
- Definitely shop around and compare prices. Don’t go for the extravagant rooms just opt for the basic ones. You probably won’t be spending a lot of time in the room anyway.
- Consider amenities. If the cost is a little bit more, try to find out why that might be the case. Does the establishment offer free breakfast while the other one does not? If the price difference is minimal and you’ll be able to take advantage of the breakfast, this may actually save you money in the long run.
- Don’t be afraid to ask if there is a discount for booking a location for multiple days. They may even be willing to negotiate pricing if you intend to stay there for a while.
- Try taking your holiday during a season with low tourist demand. Hotels and resorts may be offering special package deals and lower prices.
- Sign up for any email alerts so you’ll be notified about new specials immediately.
- Check with your memberships and company you work for to see if you are entitled to any discounts. Be sure to mention any affiliations to the resort or hotel as well so you get the correct pricing.
- If you find a lower price elsewhere, ask if the resort or hotel you want to stay it will price match or give you a better deal on a room.