17:40 18 March 2013
There are a couple of categories you can look at when finding a rental vehicle. You can opt for the high-end luxury vehicles or you can go for the budget-friendly rentals.
Each has its own benefits. The budget ones obviously save you money, while the luxury ones save you the physical strain from driving a vehicle that isn’t as comfortable. Here are some other options to consider a rental vehicle.
1. You may need to provide a deposit which will be returned to you once the car is returned in good condition.
2. You may be required to pay extra for insurance on the vehicle, but this insurance may not cover an excess in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle.
3. It would be a good idea to get car rental excess insurance that can cover any excess in the event of an accident or other damage.
4. Consider whether you need a compact, mid-size, or sport utility vehicle. Typically the larger ones will be more costly unless you’re looking at luxury sports cars.
5. Discounts may be available for renting a vehicle for a certain number of days. Compare pricing ahead of time both via the websites as well as over the phone so you have the chance to compare any exclusive deals that aren’t mentioned either online or over the phone.
6. Mention any programme affiliations you have when renting your vehicle. You may qualify for discounted rental vehicle or vehicle sizes for certain memberships.
7. Before planning your trip, sign up immediately for any notifications of specials.
8. Look for websites that compare many different rental companies at one time.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook