12:04 10 February 2011
Love is in the air and the chocolate extremists at G Chocolate Puds have the perfect naughty treat for this Valentines Day their deliciously tantalising Hot Chocolate Souffls.
Fred Ponnavoy, Head Chef at G, shares his personal recipe below to add a further touch of opulence to these already luxurious G Hot Chocolate Souffls. %%youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JaPq3d8oo0
1. To create a syrup, combine 40g of water and 50g of caster sugar, bring to a boil then cool down for 4 hours (this can be made the night before if youre short on time).
2. Pour half a bottle of pink champagne over the cooled syrup and mix together gently. Pour inside a shallow container and place in the freezer
3. After frozen, scrape with a fork to create flakes of ice for the granit.
To prepare the nut finger:
1. Mix 90g of butter with 125g of sieved plain flour. Stir in the zest of 1/4 of an orange, a pinch of salt & 1 beaten egg.
2. Sieve 90g of plain flour into 65g of icing sugar then add to the first mix along with 50g of mixed nuts.
3. Leave in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
4. Once chilled, remove from the fridge and roll out to approximately 15mm thickness then cook in the oven for 30 minutes on a baking tray at 180c until golden brown.
5. Whilst still warm cut into fingers and leave to cool.
6. Bake the souffl according to the instructions on the packaging.
7. Serve the granit in a dish and place a biscuit on the side of each of the ramekinset voila!
Indulge in your passionate side this Valentines with G. Hot Chocolate Souffls are available in Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons and Asda rrp. 2.99 for a pack of two
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website
x Share us on Facebook