What women want!
Worst bed habitsSo you think you are a good lover?
10:43 16 July 2009
You buy her sexy lingerie, let her drive your car and give her the duvet covers surely you must be the perfect man. Not according to latest research.
Apparently men in Britain think they're doing all the right things to keep the woman of their dreams, when in fact they're pretty off the mark.
The University of Hertfordshire asked 6,500 men and women to rate how romantic they would find certain gifts and treats, and it seems that British men don't have a clue.
But don't worry, you don't need to pull a Mel Gibson and wax your legs, paint your nails and electrocute yourself in the bath to find out exactly what women want.
Here are the top tips to treat your lady the way she would like to be treated:
- Cover her eyes and lead her to a lovely surprise
Keep the spark alive with a little mystery. She'll love you for the effort you put in rather than a blatant show of materialism.
- Whisk her away somewhere exciting for the weekend
Just as you like to escape at the pub, your woman needs some escapism too. Take her somewhere special. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, it just needs to be somewhere you can spend some quality time together.
- Write a song or poem about her
Most woman will buckle at the thought of this.
- Tell her she is the most wonderful woman that you have ever met
A woman never tires of hearing this.
Run her a relaxing bath after she's had a bad day at work
You'll be her hero for days, and
she may invite you in to join her.
- Leave her a romantic note around the house. At the least, send her a text or email
She'll always love your thoughts about her on paper. The cheesier the better but still be sincere.
- Wake her up with breakfast in bed
This shouldn't just be a birthday treat. She certainly won't be worrying about crumbs in the bed.
- Offer her your coat when she is cold
They say chivalry is dead. Prove them wrong and use this simple technique to show you're a gentleman.
- Send her a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates at work
This lets her know you are thinking about her, or at least lets her think you are. She'll be thanking you for days.
- Make her a compilation of her favourite music
Show you know her. She'll appreciate you taking the time.