Quotes by Amy Grant
- But my experience is that people who have been through painful, difficult times are filled with compassion.
- Come Christmas Eve, we usually go to my mom and dad's. Everybody brings one gift and then we play that game when we all steal it from each other. Some are really cool, others are useful and some are a bit out there.
- Depending on what day of the week it is and what time of the month it is, I'm a good friend or not a good friend. I'm more or less a good mom or not a good mom, more or less a good mate or not a good mate. That's just life, whether or not you're public.
- Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it's not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long.
- Everybody's entitled to think whatever they want and to express that, but my personal day-to-day experience does not come into contact with any of those people.
- I can look at the future with anticipation. And it's comforting to know that someday, as Christians, we'll be able to look back and have a little more clarity on why certain things in life happened.
- I can look back at different times in my life when I felt I could not find my way out of whatever it was. I'm not necessarily talking about marriage, but I wanted to pack it in. I wanted to disappear. A lot of that has to do with being in the public eye.
- I did the best I could, and in some arenas, my best was not good enough. I've made some bad choices.
- I was taught a lot of Bible at home and had a voracious appetite for reading the Bible.
- If you went to your closet today, would you pull out the same outfit you wore 10 or 15 years ago? You wear feelings and faith differently as well.
- It's human nature to be curious about people, and to be more curious about young people than old people. We want to cheer something on at the same time we want to tear it down. That's just so normal.
- Life goes by really fast, and it seems that there are times when you're burying a lot of friends and family. And then there are times that feel really precious and everybody is doing okay. This is one of those times.
- Since I travel so much, it's always great to be home. There's nothing like getting to raid my own refrigerator at two in the morning.
- The people I've been exposed to have been people of amazing integrity.
- There's a beauty to wisdom and experience that cannot be faked. It's impossible to be mature without having lived.