Quotes by Amy Winehouse
- All the songs I write are about human dynamics, whether it's with girlfriends, boyfriends, or family.
- I always wrote poetry and stuff like that, so putting songs together wasn't that spectacular.
- I don't listen to a lot of new stuff. I just like the old stuff. It's all quite dramatic and atmospheric. You'd have an entire story in song. I never listen to, like, white music - I couldn't sing you a Zeppelin or Floyd song.
- I don't think I'm such an amazing person who needs to be written about.
- I don't think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It's to do with how much anger is in you.
- I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mom and look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.
- I listen to music that is of our time and I just get angry.
- I love food.
- I was gutted to leave my boyfriend at home when I started my tour, but taking my pillow was like taking a little bit of him with me.
- I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home.
- I'm happiest with my family around me.
- My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they're going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, I just spend drinking.