Quotes by Bobby Scott
- Each year over 2,500 commercial vessels enter the Port of Hampton Roads alone, so adequate funding for port security is a significant issue for those of us who live in Richmond and Hampton Roads.
- In the Brown decision, the United States Supreme Court unanimously struck down the legal and moral footing of racially segregated public education in this country.
- It is virtually impossible to compete in today's global economy without a college degree.
- No one should be denied the opportunity to get an education and increase their earning potential based solely on their inability to pay for a college education.
- Studies have shown that inmate participation in education, vocational and job training, prison work skills development, drug abuse, mental health and other treatment programs, all reduce recidivism, significantly.
- Today, education is perhaps the most important function of state and local governments.
- Unfortunately, the elimination of incentives such as parole, good time credits and funding for college courses, means that fewer inmates participate in and excel in literacy, education, treatment and other development programs.
- We can play politics, or we can reduce crime.