Quotes by Carroll Oconnor
- All in the Family was intellectual it was art.
- Both my brothers became physicians and I, of course, wandered into a business where the undisciplined are welcome.
- Even a true artist does not always produce art.
- Half the pictures directed by men of reputation fail.
- I enjoyed in every way my 12 years of playing Archie, and I wasn't personally sad about finishing a long job.
- I have heard show business characterized as a refuge for childlike persons in flight from all things harsh and real.
- I've run into some S.O.B. directors, but I gave them back as good as I got.
- In a capitalist society, persons who create capital, like Michael Eisner, are given the staggering rewards.
- One irreducible residual of 38 years in the business is the number of lasting, loving friendships I have made.
- Sheer flattery got me into the theater. Flattery always works with me, particularly the flattery of women.
- Some people thought we were presenting Archie as a false character. President Nixon thought we were making a fool out of a good man.
- Vulgar and obscene, the papers run rumors daily about people in show business, tales of wicked ways and witless affairs.