Quotes by Cathy Mcmorris
- Everywhere I travel throughout Eastern Washington, I hear from people demanding we do a better job of controlling our borders and reducing illegal immigration.
- I do see women voters shifting to the Republican Party and doing so significantly. And the issue that's doing this is the fear the federal government will prevail in making the Affordable Health Care Act permanent law and how that will hurt small businesses.
- Maintaining healthy forests is essential to those who make a living from the land and for those of us who use them for recreational purposes.
- Math and science fields are not the only areas where we see the United States lagging behind. Less than 1 percent of American high school students study the critical foreign languages of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Russian, combined.
- My top three priorities for my first term in Congress are growing our economy providing for quality, affordable health care and keeping our nation and communities safe.
- Private ownership of property is vital to both our freedom and our prosperity.
- Today, over half of China's undergraduate degrees are in math, science technology and engineering, yet only 16 percent of America's undergraduates pursue these schools.
- We need to tap the resource of current and retiring science and math professionals that have both content mastery and the practical experience to serve as effective teachers.
- When President Obama was in the Senate, when he was a U.S. senator, he voted against raising the debt ceiling. And he said it was a lack of leadership that had brought us to this point.
- Women oftentimes are the ones making those economic decisions, sitting around the kitchen table and trying to figure out how to pay for rising gas prices or food prices or the health insurance costs. And I think that they see where they expect their leaders in Congress to also make those tough decisions.