Quotes by Daniel J Boorstin
- A wonderful thing about a book, in contrast to a computer screen, is that you can take it to bed with you.
- An image is not simply a trademark, a design, a slogan or an easily remembered picture. It is a studiously crafted personality profile of an individual, institution, corporation, product or service.
- As you make your bed, so you must lie in it.
- Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
- Freedom means the opportunity to be what we never thought we would be.
- Knowledge is not simply another commodity. On the contrary. Knowledge is never used up. It increases by diffusion and grows by dispersion.
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers.
- Technology is so much fun but we can drown in our technology. The fog of information can drive out knowledge.
- The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource, adding color and suspense to all our life.
- The force of the advertising word and image dwarfs the power of other literature in the 20th century.
- The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
- The most important American addition to the World Experience was the simple surprising fact of America. We have helped prepare mankind for all its later surprises.
- The traveler was active he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes 'sight-seeing.'
- Time makes heroes but dissolves celebrities.