Quotes by Daniel Libeskind
- And then, build a bustling wonderful city of the 21st century, with a restoration of a spectacular skyline, which Manhattan, of course, needs. So, that is really the design as a whole.
- Cities are the greatest creations of humanity.
- I studied architecture in New York. So, really I was very moved, like everyone else, to try to contribute something that has that resonance and profundity of it means to all of us.
- I think there is a new awareness in this 21st century that design is as important to where and how we live as it is for museums, concert halls and civic buildings.
- I'm not Candide, nor Dr Pangloss, but we know that faith moves mountains.
- Life it is not just a series of calculations and a sum total of statistics, it's about experience, it's about participation, it is something more complex and more interesting than what is obvious.
- Only through acknowledgment of the erasure and void of Jewish life can the history of Berlin and Europe have a human future.
- There are more people living in Lower Manhattan now than before the terrorist attacks. That's faith for you. There's such a strong spirit here.
- To provide meaningful architecture is not to parody history but to articulate it.
- Winning a competition in architecture is a ticket to oblivion. It's just an idea. Ninety-nine per cent never get built.