Quotes by Dean Koontz
- A politician's goal is always to manipulate public debate. I think there are some politicians with higher goals. But all of them get corrupted by power.
- Although charismatic, James Dean is no Harrison Ford. In the majority of his movies, sooner or later he got the crap beaten out of him.
- I have been reading Stephen King since CARRIE and hope to read him for many years to come.
- I have to admit that when I watch a movie in which there is no moral context for the violence - I find that offensive. I think that's potentially damaging to society.
- I like to deal with EVERY aspect of our condition, and that means terror and humor in equal mix. Some books have more room for humor than others.
- I never discuss a novel while I'm writing it, for fear that talking about it will diminish my desire to write it.
- I really believe that everyone has a talent, ability, or skill that he can mine to support himself and to succeed in life.
- I think it's perfectly just to refuse service to anyone based on behavior, but not based on race or religion.
- I try not to spend too much time on partisan politics. Life's too short for that. I don't really believe that there have been many human problems solved by politics.
- In my books, I never portray violence as a reasonable solution to a problem. If the lead characters in the story are driven to it, it's at the extreme end of their experience.
- Like all of us in this storm between birth and death, I can wreak no great changes on the world, only small changes for the better, I hope, in the lives of those I love.
- Nothing gives us courage more readily than the desire to avoid looking like a damn fool.
- One of the things I like enormously about Bob Weinstein is that that he's the only studio head I have ever known who will change his mind and say he was wrong.
- Somebody asked me about the current choice we're being given in the presidential election. I said, Well, it's like two of the scariest movies I can imagine.
- There's sometimes a weird benefit to having an alcoholic, violent father. He really motivated me in that I never wanted to be anything like him.
- What we do as a society is seek simple answers.