Quotes by Denzel Washington
- Acting is just a way of making a living, the family is life.
- Everybody has a job to do. There are people in Iraq on both sides of this war who do what they do for religious reasons, and they feel with God on their side. Some people are good at annihilating people. Maybe that's their gift.
- Growing up I didn't watch movies.
- I had a lot of success from the start. I never really was tested for long periods of time. I got my first professional job while I was a senior in college. I signed with the William Morris Agency before I graduated.
- I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind and body together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened upon me - spiritually and financially.
- I never really had the classic struggle. I had faith.
- I wasn't allowed to go to movies when I was kid my father was a minister. 101 Dalmatians and King of Kings, that was the extent of it.
- I'm not a film buff. I don't watch a lot of movies.
- If I am a cup maker, I'm interested in making the best cup I possibly can. My effort goes into that cup, not what people think about it.
- If you don't trust the pilot, don't go.
- It's simple: You get a part. You play a part. You play it well. You do your work and you go home. And what is wonderful about movies is that once they're done, they belong to the people. Once you make it, it's what they see. That's where my head is at.
- Michelle Pfeiffer hasn't been finding a lot of work recently because she doesn't like what a woman her age is offered. That's a real double standard. You get Sean Connery, who gets older and older, still playing opposite young ladies, but it doesn't work the other way around.
- My faith helps me understand that circumstances don't dictate my happiness, my inner peace.
- My mother never gave up one me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back.
- My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don't need another plaque.
- My ultimate life dream project is my kids. My family.