Quotes by Douglas Horton
- Action cures fear, inaction creates terror.
- Although it is generally known, I think it's about time to announce that I was born at a very early age.
- As the fly bangs against the window attempting freedom while the door stands open, so we bang against death ignoring heaven.
- Beauty is variable, ugliness is constant.
- Change occurs in direct proportion to dissatisfaction, but dissatisfaction never changes.
- Death is feared as birth is forgotten.
- Death is the final wake-up call.
- Happiness in the present is only shattered by comparison with the past.
- If food were free, why work?
- If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.
- Smile, it's better than a poke in the eye.
- Smile, it's free therapy.
- The more we are filled with thoughts of lust the less we find true romantic love.
- To awake from death is to die in peace.
- To buy happiness is to sell soul.
- We are all serving a life sentence, and good behavior is our only hope for a pardon.