Quotes by Ed Markey
- Although children are only 24 percent of the population, they're 100 percent of our future and we cannot afford to provide any child with a substandard education.
- Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future.
- It is common knowledge that smoking is considered one of the nation's leading causes of preventable death, but it's less widely known that cigarettes are also the leading cause of fatal fires.
- People really feel that, when they go to the gas pump now, that the oil cartel is holding them by the legs and tipping them upside down and shaking money out of their pockets.
- Scientists at MIT and engineering schools all across America say that they could improve the fuel economy standards for the existing set of vehicles by 10 miles per gallon using existing technology, without compromising safety or comfort at all.
- The Brown decision promised that every child, regardless of the color of his or her skin, would have unequivocal access to quality education and an equal opportunity to pursue his/her dreams.
- The problem is, is that President Bush and the Republican leadership in the Congress have resisted attempts to increase dramatically our fuel economy standards over the last five years.
- We know that al Qaeda is seeking radioactive materials and technology to launch a devastating attack, and that hundreds of radioactive sources have been lost or stolen in the U.S. and around the world.
- We must vote for hope, vote for life, vote for a brighter future for all of our loved ones.
- You have to wait six months to purchase a fuel efficient automobile made from overseas.