Quotes by Godfrey Reggio
- All tools have intrinsic politics and technology is the tool of now.
- But in fact if you look at film as a metaphor, only through the negative can you have the positive print. What I'm trying to get to is the positive value of negation.
- Having been an educator for so many years I know that all a good teacher can do is set a context, raise questions or enter into a kind of a dialogic relationship with their students.
- I think it's naive to pray for world peace if we're not going to change the form in which we live.
- It is very easy to make clear what you want a film to say, but I did not wish to engage in overt propaganda, even for the right cause. I wanted to create an experience through the films, something where people could have the freedom of their own response to them.
- It's not just the effect of technology on the environment, on religion, on the economic structure, on society, on politics, etc. It's that everything now exists in technology to the point where technology is the new and comprehensive host of nature of life.
- It's not that we use technology, we live technology.
- Mystery is gone to the certainty of technological principles. So the real terror, the real aggression against life comes in the form of the pursuit of our technological happiness.
- Now having said that, I realize that releasing a film in the real world is like trying to get General Motors to release a handmade car.
- So to hope to be able to have peace, to be able to have justice and environmental balance, are consequences of our behavior, not just our intentions.
- Technology has become as ubiquitous as the air we breathe, so we are no longer conscious of its presence.
- Technology is not neutral.
- What I'm trying to do is to at least raise a flag to the blinding light of technology.