Quotes by Heinrich Heine
- Communism possesses a language which every people can understand - its elements are hunger, envy, and death.
- Every man, either to his terror or consolation, has some sense of religion.
- Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
- God will forgive me that's his business.
- God will forgive me. It's his job.
- Human misery is too great for men to do without faith.
- I will not say that women have no character rather, they have a new one every day.
- If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world.
- Sleep is good, death is better but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all.
- Sleep is lovely, death is better still, not to have been born is of course the miracle.
- The Bible is the great family chronicle of the Jews.
- The Wedding March always reminds me of the music played when soldiers go into battle.
- When words leave off, music begins.
- You cannot feed the hungry on statistics.