Quotes by J Donald Walters
- Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.
- Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy in the moment.
- Happiness is understanding that friendship is more precious than mere things, more precious than getting your own way, more precious than being in situations where true principles are not at stake.
- Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance.
- The secret of happiness is the determination to be happy always, rather than wait for outer circumstances to make one happy.
- There are realities we all share, regardless of our nationality, language, or individual tastes. As we need food, so do we need emotional nourishment: love, kindness, appreciation, and support from others.
- You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.