Quotes by James D Watson
- I think the reason people are dealing with science less well now than 50 years ago is that it has become so complicated.
- If you succeed with your first dream, it helps. You know, people trust you, possibly, for the second one. They give you a chance to play out your second one.
- Science has always been my preoccupation and when you think a breakthrough is possible, it is terribly exciting.
- Science moves with the spirit of an adventure characterized both by youthful arrogance and by the belief that the truth, once found, would be simple as well as pretty.
- Take young researchers, put them together in virtual seclusion, give them an unprecedented degree of freedom and turn up the pressure by fostering competitiveness.
- The ever quickening advances of science made possible by the success of the Human Genome Project will also soon let us see the essences of mental disease. Only after we understand them at the genetic level can we rationally seek out appropriate therapies for such illnesses as schizophrenia and bipolar disease.
- We're not all equal, it's simply not true. That isn't science.