Quotes by James Herriot
- Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.
- For years I used to bore my wife over lunch with stories about funny incidents.
- I am never at my best in the early morning, especially a cold morning in the Yorkshire spring with a piercing March wind sweeping down from the fells, finding its way inside my clothing, nipping at my nose and ears.
- I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.
- I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs.
- I wish people would realize that animals are totally dependent on us, helpless, like children, a trust that is put upon us.
- If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.