Quotes by Javier Bardem
- Awards were made in Hollywood, in whatever the time it was created. They're to promote each other's movies. You give me an award, I give you an award and people will believe that we are great movies and they'll go to see them. It's still the same.
- Bond is the longest-running franchise ever and there's a reason for that: they are action movies but they are also touched by current events without being political or too serious.
- But I remember the moment when my father died. I wasn't a very committed Catholic beforehand, but when that happened it suddenly all felt so obvious: I now believe religion is our attempt to find an explanation, for us to feel more protected.
- Even in the darkest regions, people have discovered their right of freedom.
- I do respect people's faith, but I don't respect their manipulation of that faith in order to create fear and control.
- I don't know how to drive a car.
- I don't really care where movies come from as long as they're worth making.
- I think we are living in selfish times. I'm the first one to say that I'm the most selfish. We live in the so-called 'first world,' and we may be first in a lot of things like technology, but we are behind in empathy.
- I was emotionally and physically punched in the stomach. This is not a place where you go and deliver the lines and then you come back. It's kind of a life-changing experience. But it can't get better than this for any actor - this is like an opera.
- I was raised not to be afraid to show emotion or imagination.
- My truth - what I believe - is that there are no answers here and, if you are looking for answers, you'd better choose the question carefully.
- Now, there are so many movies, so many festivals, and so many awards going on, each judged with each other, like your work is worse than others and that's not fair. How can you tell what's best and what's worst from these awards? We're talking about art.
- Some quality performances and movies have a chance to be rewarded, but it's not like it's a bible.
- There is no middle ground in Hollywood you're a failure or you're a success. That mentality is wild.
- We live in a world of denial, and we don't know what the truth is anymore.
- When you know people are really at peace with who they are and what they do, they collaborate and want to help you to improve.
- When you put gas in your car you are making a political statement, because you are supporting the empires that control and continue the destruction of some countries.
- You want to do your job well so that people in the future say, 'OK, he's not bad, let's hire him.'