Quotes by Jiddu Krishnamurti
- A man who is not afraid is not aggressive, a man who has no sense of fear of any kind is really a free, a peaceful man.
- Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem.
- Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms.
- I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect.
- In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.
- It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
- It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
- Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
- The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
- The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
- There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.
- We all want to be famous people, and the moment we want to be something we are no longer free.
- What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it.
- You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life.
- Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life.