Quotes by John Milton
- Beauty is nature's brag, and must be shown in courts, at feasts, and high solemnities, where most may wonder at the workmanship.
- Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity.
- For what can war, but endless war, still breed?
- Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.
- None can love freedom heartily, but good men the rest love not freedom, but licence.
- The stars, that nature hung in heaven, and filled their lamps with everlasting oil, give due light to the misled and lonely traveller.