Quotes by Joseph Smith Jr
- A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race.
- Although I do wrong, I do not the wrongs that I am charged with doing the wrong that I do is through the frailty of human nature, like other men. No man lives without fault.
- I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.
- If you do not accuse each other, God will not accuse you. If you have no accuser you will enter heaven. What many people call sin is not sin I do many things to break down superstition, and I will break it down.
- In your hands or that of any other person, so much power would, no doubt, be dangerous. I am the only man in the world whom it would be safe to trust with it. Remember, I am a prophet!
- Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.
- Take away the Book of Mormon and the revelations, and where is our religion? We have none.
- The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching.
- What is the damnation of hell? To go with that society who have not obeyed His commands.