Quotes by Kathryn Bigelow
- I like high impact movies.
- If there's specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can't change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies.
- My dad used to draw these great cartoon figures. His dream was being a cartoonist, but he never achieved it, and it kind of broke my heart. I think part of my interest in art had to do with his yearning for something he could never have.
- On the other hand, I believe there's hope, because the breakdown and the repair are happening simultaneously.
- Our film examines the heroism, courage and prowess of the Soviet submarine force in ways never seen before.
- The Communist regime didn't consider this to be a shining moment in history and assigned no heroism to it. They classified it as merely an accident.
- The journey for women, no matter what venue it is - politics, business, film - it's, it's a long journey.
- When he brought it to me four years ago, Rodney King had just arrived, I was involved in the clean-up of L.A. and I guess it was part of my experience.