Quotes by Keith Richards
- And it was a very, very fruitful and great relationship between the Stones and The Beatles. It was very, very friendly.
- Another thing to do with the blues is how they were recorded. They were done on the quick, and some of that stuff was made on wire, not even tape, let alone digital.
- Good music comes out of people playing together, knowing what they want to do and going for it. You have to sweat over it and bug it to death. You can't do it by pushing buttons and watching a TV screen.
- I don't trust doctors. It's not to say there ain't some good ones, but on a general level, no, I wouldn't trust 'em at all.
- I've always been suspicious of TV, I've always found music and video to be an unhappy marriage.
- If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.
- It's great to be here. It's great to be anywhere.
- Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards.
- The only things Mick and I disagree about is the band, the music and what we do.
- To make a rock'n'roll record, technology is the least important thing.
- To me, as long as we've known each other, I've always thought Mick's most brilliant thing was that he could work in an area two foot square and give a very exciting performance.
- To me, my biggest fear is getting a big head, and that is when I get the hammer. Because it's very easy in this game to believe you're something special.
- Yes, I've been trepanned. That's quite an interesting experience, especially for my brain surgeon, who saw my thoughts flying around in my brain.
- You know, the BBC had not been particularly generous in its deliverance of blues and esoteric kinds of music.